Friday, August 12, 2011

happy birthday to me

I sometimes get a bit of a hard time because I take my birthday very seriously.  I like to have a party and get all my favorites to celebrate.  And the fact that they're celebrating me isn't such a bad thing :)

However, one of my co-workers has taken celebrating one's birthday to a new level.  She's been talking about her birthday for about a week now, and apparently yesterday sent out an email to a few of our co-workers (I was not on the email - this was a smart move on her part) with a list of things she would like from them for her birthday.  Number 2 on list?  Cash.  I would give everything to see this email as I bet I would laugh until I hurt.

Today, she brought in a few things to celebrate her birthday, including flowers...


...as well as cake and a card for everyone to sign.  For herself.


These are excellent ways to get people to care about your birthday whether they want to or not, and believe me I am taking notes for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment