Monday, January 24, 2011

Amazing People

Today my blog post is dedicated to the Heart of my Heart, my dear friend, Meris.  Today Meris is starting an exciting new adventure and leaving for South Africa to work for the Peace Corps.


I think Peace Corps Volunteers are amazing and I really admire them for going off to help in some of the toughest areas in the world.  Mer is now going to be doing HIV Outreach in South Africa, which just blows my mind and makes me feel pretty darn lazy.

I can't wait to hear all about her experiences, and if you're interested you can check in with her blog: http://meristhatswhatshesaid.blogspot.com/.  And one thing that Meris and I share a love of is sending and receiving mail, so that's how I'm going to help her get through these 2 years away.  Even if you don't know her, I'm sure she'd love to see postcards or something reminding her of the good ole' U S of A, so if you'd like to send her a hello, let me know!  And you can help me out, at some point I'd like to send her a package with things she may not be able to get in Africa.  What are some things you'd like to receive from home if you were living in a foreign country without a lot of luxuries?

Good luck, Mer!  I think you're really incredible and I heart you muchly.

No comments:

Post a Comment