Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hotel Bars

If there's one thing I love, it's hotels.

And if there's a second thing I love, it's hotel bars.

And then thirdly, I love Beet.

Yesterday the three came together as we went to a delightful hotel bar downtown to celebrate Bert's birthday.  We chose to go to City Bar in the Lenox Hotel because the lovely Miss Schroeder gave me a gift card there for my bridal shower.  Are you thinking best shower gift ever?  Because then you would be correct.


I'm not quite sure what the allure of the hotel bar is for me.  They're always overpriced and often crowded and the drinks are sometimes not the best.  But I like traveling and I like the people watching that you can do there.  Of course the best hotel bar in  Boston used to be the one at the Boston Marriott Copley Place, where no matter when you went the same crew of old cronies would show up to party hard.   They were a group of beyond middle-aged men and women, the men quite dapperly dressed, who would stand pounding drinks at the bar, waiting to proposition young women to dance.  This place was the best and I still mourn it's loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment