Sunday, April 10, 2011

crochet skillz

Last week my dear friend Cap came over and taught me how to make this bracelet.

 
Basically, you crochet with wire and weave beads along the strands as you go.  Then, when you have five or six strands, you braid them together, twist the ends and tie on a clasp!  It was pretty quick work and I made the whole thing in less than an hour.  It was tricky to figure out where to place the beads on each strand so that they weren't all clumped together, and that's something I will have to work on more for the next time.  And working with the wire hurt my fingers after a while, but at least it was quick work!

And speaking of my Capitano, she got engaged this weekend!  Beet and I are so thrilled for her and her fiance and I can't wait for many afternoon's of wedding related crafts!  But these are two of my absolute favorite people and I am so happy they are so happy.  We did a lot of celebrating this weekend with brunch, champagne toasts, candlepin bowling and Justin Bieber balloons.  I'm excited for many more fun times with them.

Good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment