Wednesday, April 6, 2011

good things

So, there are definitely a lot of great things that this library provides to the community, and it is really amazing to see how much the area uses this space.  But it really reinforces how important places like this are when I see people constantly coming in to use the computers to write their resumes or apply for jobs or take out books on studying for the GED.  Computer's don't seem to be ubiquitous in this area, which is something I know I just take for granted in my own life.  I can count the amount of laptops I've seen in this library on one hand even though we do offer free wi-fi.  The teen's are maybe not using the computer's here for things as important as job hunting and exam studying, but it's good for me to remember that they may not have a computer at home to check facebook or play silly games like I do.

To sum up, this place is still hard and challenging, but it's good for me to keep things in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment