Monday, June 20, 2011

new addition

It was an exciting weekend for all of us here at Scuttlebuttering.  I'm excited to finally be able to share it as I am not very good at sitting on good news for long.  But Saturday morning I found out that my brother's wife is pregnant!  However, my parent's were planning on having dinner with M&S for Father's Day last night, along with S's parents, so that's when they were going to hear the news.  Which meant I had to be very good at not giving it away.  I am proud to say that I passed the test with flying colors and now it's official - the Berts are going to be Aunt and Uncle! 

The Happy Parents

The baby is due on Christmas Day, and we are all just over the moon with happiness.  I may be biased, but this is one lucky kid.  And I would just like the next 6 months to go a little faster, please.

My only gripe about the situation - I spent most of the Saturday and Sunday tramping around the city looking for something that had a mention of "World's Greatest Aunt" or "Best Uncle in the World" or anything along those lines.  I was willing to drop some money to get our gear in order quickly so we can start embarrassing the little tyke ASAP.  And there is nothing out there to be had.  I think this is an untapped industry.  Sure, I could have purchased things for the Mom-to-Be or New Grandmother, but what about me?  I like swag as much as the next person, and MORE than most people.  I'll have to turn to the internet, but until then, I whipped something up myself.

This will do until to announce things to the world until I can find something more suitable.

Congratulations again and again to my bro and sister-in-law.  Bert and I could not be even a little bit more happy for you guys.

6 comments:

  1. huzzah, congrats to them! guess they won't be coming to china after all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, they're still going. Their doctor said it should be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Congrats to M&S! And to the Berts, too - you totally are going to be the best aunt and uncle ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well there ya go! amazing congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, gang! We are going to be the coolest aunt and uncle EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A-mazing!! Congrats to everyone, both parents and Aunts/Uncles alike :)
    ~Nikki

    ReplyDelete