Friday, November 5, 2010

Bowling

Bowling has always played a part in my life.  When I was little, I was jealous of all the trophy's my older brother had from various academic and athletic ventures, so my mother gave me her only trophy so I could pretend I had one, too (I know, it's a little sad).  Her trophy was from the bowling league she joined when my brother was born, because he was a bit of a crier and the bowling alley offered free babysitting.  Brilliance does run in the family, it's true.  Anyway, she was a terrible bowler, but she still got a trophy at the end of the season, and it has been a prized Withers family possession ever since.

Bringing the story full circle, Beet and I just signed up for a bowling league this winter with some of our friends.  I'm so excited.  I can't wait to orchestrate the entire crowd singing the classic song "Score Tonight" from one of my top-3 favorite movies, "Grease 2."  It is going to be epic.

 

Fun fact!  When I was in high school, I had a bowling birthday party, and my two of my friend's and I learned this song and dance and performed.  Not at all embarrassing and completely awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment